I got stuck into the manual again after dinner, but part way through when it was talking about the 4 laws of manifestation, I started out thinking about how most people think that the law of attraction IS manifestation, and then run into trouble in ‘making it work’. It ties into something I’ve been arguing for a while now, about how so many people these days choose NOT to live their lives but run madly around trying to abdicate responsibility and immerse themselves in other people’s experiences. Look at reality tv. Of course, in a way I could be said to be catering to that with posting my blog online, but I hope that what I post gets you thinking, and maybe using some of what I go through in your own life, in which case it becomes a different beast entirely.
So, back to the topic. Why doesn’t “manifestation” or the law of attraction work for some people. Well, bottom line is, I believe it does, but what leads those people to believe it isn’t working is a whole other question, and that’s where I want to explore with this post.
I believe there are 3 main reasons why people could develop the belief that they don’t create their own lives. Four if you count those people who decide that they don’t want it to be true and so refuse to look at anything that will prove them wrong. Ironically they are proving it by creating an experience that doesn’t force them to believe in the laws of attraction in any case! So, back to the three.
Second issue is responsibility. It seems to have become a dirty word. Too many people are looking for someone else to blame, for absolutely everything. When it gets to the stage where people are too frightened to help out in an emergency because they are afraid they’ll be blamed and held hostage over the outcome, you know it’s gotten ridiculous. The irony is, by giving away responsibility for your life, you’re giving away your own power over it. If it’s someone else’s fault, that also means it’s under someone else’s control – not yours. If it’s under YOUR control, yes you’ll hold the blame, but you also hold the benefits, and best of all, the ability to choose or change it. Bottom line, if you don’t believe you have the power to direct your own life, then how are you going to believe in your ability to change it?
Third and final blockage is action, but this one has a hidden side to it. I’m talking about the situation where you believe you can make a change, but for some reason, you just don’t do what you know is needed to bring it about. In most cases, I believe it comes down to fear. More, though, it comes down to a refusal to face our fears. If we look head on and say, ok, if I do this, the worst thing that could happen is x, then usually we’ll either think of a solution to address x if it happens, or find a way that reduces the risk. Turning away, though, the ‘worst case’ becomes big and vague, something that’s impossible to grapple with. So we don’t. And in giving in to our impulses to avoid fear, we end up missing out on all the joy that comes with success as well. Remember the book “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway”? If it didn’t strike a chord then how did it become so popular…
Three steps or gateways, but let me be clear: you don’t have to pass through them all to succeed at manifestation. You are ALREADY succeeding at manifesting. But you have to ask yourself: are you manifesting what your fears create for you, or travelling the path of your dreams? That’s what the gateways represent, steps in acknowledging and claiming the power within each and every one of us, so that we can take conscious control of our power, and of our own lives.
I wish you well on the journey.
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial, or, Intelligence Analyst for Hire
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial: Brainstorming
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial: Tools
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial: The Plan
- 30 DMT Day 1: Feels Amazing, Synchronicity’s started
- 30DMT Day 2: Reality (and a heatwave) strikes
- 30 DMT Day 3: More relaxed, thinking clearer, made the paper
- 30 DMT Day 4: Quantum Leaps and the QEII
- 30DMT Day 5: African Healing and a Time Crunch
- 30DMT Day 6: Energy Rush and Massage Luxury
- 30DMT Day 7: Chaos but the Mind Movie’s done
- 30DMT Week 2 Day 8: Rain, a Monitor, Powerball, Google Desktop and an hour’s sleep
- 30DMT Day 9: More rain, easy exercise, and information overload
- 30DMT Day 10: Thunderstorms, Low Motivation, Navigation buttons and a realisation
- 30DMT Day 11: Sound off and the weather clears, plus another powerball cheque
- 30DMT Day 12: Full Routine and more motivated than ever
- 30DMT Week 2: Days 13 & 14: Summary so far and a luxury hotel
- 30DMT Day 15: Halfway there, 2 opportunities and another powerball cheque
- 30DMT Day 16: Kicked up a notch, 2 competitions and the course goes live
- 30DMT Day 17: Hard Cash appears, my ‘careful what you ask for’ scenario and maybe even Oprah!
- 30 DMT Day 17a: Thoughts on manifestation
- 30 DMT Day 18: Rebound, or what goes up must come down…
- 30 DMT Day 19: Slow start, but out of neutral
- 30 DMT Day 20: I discover flying & conscious healing
- 30 DMT Day 21: Healing continues & a few revisions
- 30 DMT Week 3 review
- 30 DMT Day 22: First day & crutches on public transport
- 30 DMT Day 23: Resting up, healing and small tweaks
- 30 DMT Day 24: More rest, truth at work and the author deal
- 30 DMT Day 25: Argh, where did it go??
- 30 DMT Day 26: It’s broke, but crutches come in handy…
- 30 DMT Day 27: More Money and Mad Coincidences
- Days 28 & 29: Wrapping up & winding down
- 30 DMT – Last post coming tomorrow
- Day 30 and it’s over 🙁
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial Evaluation
- Wrap up and what’s next…
- Finally finished the manual!