This is the second time I’ve been caught up in a 30 day trial run over at Steve Pavlina. He’s currently testing out the raw food diet, which is fascinating to read – almost the internet equivalent of reality tv. So, having previously applied to Biggest Loser and Next Internet Millionaire (unsuccessfully, I might add), I figure I might just delve a bit into my interests here and run my own.
Recently, I’ve been getting more and more information on manifestation. If you haven’t heard of “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne, drop me the address of your rock and I’ll mail you back the details. That was pretty much what made it all go mainstream (although I did enjoy watching “What the Bleep do we Know” the year before). In short, it’s something I’ve been following with interest for a while, only now I’m discovering that sites and tools for it seem to have the same propagation rates as rabbits.
So, I’m going to put it to the test. For 30 days, I’m going to apply the principles of Manifestation to my most pressing issue, which is finding an alternative way to support myself (and pay the mortgage) to my current job as an Intelligence Analyst. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job, and I’m pretty darn good at it from all accounts – got an award, even – but due to circumstances I won’t go into here I’m out there in the job market again. I figure, it’s a good juicy problem to test out the reality-influencing ability of all these tools and stuff.
I should make it clear, though, that by Manifestation, I do NOT mean that I’ll spend all of the 30 days thinking hard about what I want and doing nothing. I wholly believe that one of the critical parts of manifesting anything is taking action. I can’t remember where I read it, but it was once explained to me this way:
Imagine a person who has been in the desert for days, no food or water, and is parched and dehydrated. His focus and desire is bent on water, to the exclusion of all else, but there is nothing in sight. Then serendipity comes in, and a breeze comes up which blows off his hat. He turns to chase it, and in taking that action (which outside, seemingly unrelated causes have prompted him to do) he notices a well in the direction he’s now facing. So, the final step is of course to head straight for it and drink.
Without taking that final action, or, for that matter, acting on the promptings of circumstance in chasing his hat, the process of manifestation would not have come to fruition. So, bottom line, I’m not going to be sitting on a cushion for 30 days, and no doubt there’ll be many sceptics afterwards who attribute any results (if I get them) purely to my actions instead of the manifestation process. That’s ok. That’s their beliefs, and they are welcome to them. You’re perfectly welcome to draw your own conclusions from anything I post, according to your own beliefs and experience. It would be strange if you didn’t, so I’m cool with that. Personally, I prefer to consider things holistically.
With only 30 days, I plan on going the shotgun approach. That means that I’ll be using EVERYTHING I can, simultaneously. This is not going to be a test of any one tool, but the whole approach. Not very scientific, I know, but I kinda want results quicker than a one-by-one test would give me. I may check what’s not working effectively by dropping things off if I think they’re not contributing and seeing what changes, but aside from that, the intent is just to test out how well the principle works in real life, what obstacles come up, and what the results are. I may not post every day, but I’ll aim for at least 5 days a week, unless it gets boring and there’s nothing new to post for days on end, but I don’t think that’ll happen. My suspicion is that manifesting is a skill like any other – which means it can not only be learnt, but improves with practise. So, who knows, this may become a yearly event.
Before I start, I intend to do some serious brainstorming and journalling (which I’ll post here, of course) about exactly what my options are, what my preferences are, and what my focus is going to be. Then I’ll run through all the tools I already have, and search for any other categories I might have missed. I’ll plan out a rough draft of what and when I’ll use each of them, and then launch the trial and start posting.
So, see you tomorrow.
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial, or, Intelligence Analyst for Hire
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial: Brainstorming
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial: Tools
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial: The Plan
- 30 DMT Day 1: Feels Amazing, Synchronicity’s started
- 30DMT Day 2: Reality (and a heatwave) strikes
- 30 DMT Day 3: More relaxed, thinking clearer, made the paper
- 30 DMT Day 4: Quantum Leaps and the QEII
- 30DMT Day 5: African Healing and a Time Crunch
- 30DMT Day 6: Energy Rush and Massage Luxury
- 30DMT Day 7: Chaos but the Mind Movie’s done
- 30DMT Week 2 Day 8: Rain, a Monitor, Powerball, Google Desktop and an hour’s sleep
- 30DMT Day 9: More rain, easy exercise, and information overload
- 30DMT Day 10: Thunderstorms, Low Motivation, Navigation buttons and a realisation
- 30DMT Day 11: Sound off and the weather clears, plus another powerball cheque
- 30DMT Day 12: Full Routine and more motivated than ever
- 30DMT Week 2: Days 13 & 14: Summary so far and a luxury hotel
- 30DMT Day 15: Halfway there, 2 opportunities and another powerball cheque
- 30DMT Day 16: Kicked up a notch, 2 competitions and the course goes live
- 30DMT Day 17: Hard Cash appears, my ‘careful what you ask for’ scenario and maybe even Oprah!
- 30 DMT Day 17a: Thoughts on manifestation
- 30 DMT Day 18: Rebound, or what goes up must come down…
- 30 DMT Day 19: Slow start, but out of neutral
- 30 DMT Day 20: I discover flying & conscious healing
- 30 DMT Day 21: Healing continues & a few revisions
- 30 DMT Week 3 review
- 30 DMT Day 22: First day & crutches on public transport
- 30 DMT Day 23: Resting up, healing and small tweaks
- 30 DMT Day 24: More rest, truth at work and the author deal
- 30 DMT Day 25: Argh, where did it go??
- 30 DMT Day 26: It’s broke, but crutches come in handy…
- 30 DMT Day 27: More Money and Mad Coincidences
- Days 28 & 29: Wrapping up & winding down
- 30 DMT – Last post coming tomorrow
- Day 30 and it’s over 🙁
- 30 Day Manifestation Trial Evaluation
- Wrap up and what’s next…
- Finally finished the manual!